Responsible for the overall welfare of the Association.
- Attend all monthly Board meetings.
- Duties include active management of the Association.
- Work with treasurer on financial business, insurance, taxes, coaches, scholarship.
- Traveling Program: tournament dates set, tryout dates set, coaches and registration, travel practices, kick-off night, summer camps.
- In-House Program: tournament, coaches and registration.
- High School program: high school season set, contract pictures, summer league, high school clock, scorer, announcer, poster and banner pictures, fall league, high school programs, senior programs, tip-off night, high school banquet, golf tournament committee.
Responsible for updating the content of our website and communicating with the Association.
- Communicate with leadership and Board to gather information about events and announcements.
- Maintain and update the LNGBA website: Use Ngin platform, update front page content, calendar events, sponsorship.
- Create and execute registration sessions, create and maintain team pages, email lists with membership.
- Utilize social media tools as directed by the Board.
- Utilize services such as Survey Monkey, to accomplish the goals of LNGBA.
- Other duties to be assign by the Board.
Responsible for the finances and financial obligations of the Association.
- Maintain accurate financial records for the Corporation.
- Deposit Money and checks in the name of and to the credit of the Corporation.
- Disburse funds and issue checks as ordered by the Board and/or the President of the Corporation.
- Provide the Board at every meeting with an account of transactions and financial condition of the Corporation.
- Be responsible for the filing of necessary forms as required by the government agencies.
Secretary Role / Responsibilities:
Responsible for documenting and reporting information for the Association.
- Attend all monthly Board meetings and record the proceedings of such meetings by taking minutes and distribute to Board Members.
- Set up and provide notice of Board meetings. Typically every third Monday of the month, eleven to twelve meetings per year. Work with facility Director to set up meeting location.
- Maintain Board member contact list and master calendar for the Association. Communicate dates to Communication Director to update the website.
- Assist with Board functions or Association events as needed. (Panther Classic Tournament, Apparel sales, Golf fundraising tournament, etc)
- Assist with communications as requested by President or Board Members.
- Assist Coordinating activities with the High School program. Coordinate/maintain high school home game itinerary/calendar.
Responsible for all uniform and apparel ordering, distribution and organization.
- Form apparel committee, look through samples, develop, design, order and distribute apparel.
- Sell apparel at Traveling and Kick Off Nights, work with Communications Director to get apparel listed on home page, take inventory of items sold, hand out special order apparel, and sell apparel at games as desired.
- Coordinate with head coach and Traveling Director to see what uniforms and equipment needed, hand out equipment and uniforms to traveling coaches, assist with early season uniform sizing, design and order shooting shirts, order duffle bags for new girls, order knee pads for traveling program.
- Inventory equipment and purchase new supplies as needed; first aid, basketballs, scorebooks.
- Equipment turn in, spring equipment hand out/turn in.
In House Co Director
In House Co Director
Responsible for the maintenance, growth, and performance of the In-House program for girls K-8th grade.
- Administrative responsibilities; Establish budget and registration fees, create and maintain rules for each in-house level, work with BAC, identify level coordinators, players evaluations, in-house parent survey/review, flyers to schools, order trophies.
- Team responsibilities; Registration questions, setup teams, update website with team information, order jerseys, schedule practices and games.
- Coaches responsibilities: Identify coaches, run background checks, concussion training, setup coaches clinic, equipment pickup and handout.
- Events responsibilities; Setup and distribute pictures, in-house night (coordinate and run), organize end of season tournament.
- Communication responsibilities; in-house night, communication to coaches and parents.
Responsible for traveling basketball teams.
- Assist with tryouts.
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of coaches.
- Provide support for the coaches and assist with player development.
- Registering for tournaments and scheduling pictures.
- Communicating with parents and coaches throughout the season.
- Conducting end of season surveys and making changes when necessary.
- Securing hotel rooms for the Rochester tournament.
Responsible for the annual Panther Classic Tournament and Spring MYAS tournament (if applicable).
- Create tournament flyer and tournament rules.
- Coordinate with Facilities Director gym space and locations.
- Communicate tournament dates and invitations to approved basketball association contacts and collect registration fees.
- Schedule referees and provide gym matrix.
- Organize volunteer work schedules including site managers, time keepers, score keepers and admissions.
- Order and distribution of trophies/awards to teams.
- Schedule tournament bracketing and post tournament results.
- Responsible for concessions and purchasing food, drink and other supplies
- Contact vendors for sale of goods and services.
Responsible for scheduling facilities.
- Reserve/confirm gym space, schedule practice times, spring schedules.
- Weekly email to traveling coaches with court time and schedules during their season.
- Request meeting space for Board meetings and other events, work with other Board member's space needs.
- Panther Classic Tournament space, facilities and site planning.
- Receive year end facilities costs, confirm and forward to Board.
- Request dates for tryouts and travel kick off.
LNHS Varsity Head Coach:
Responsible for the high school program and assist with traveling and in-house.
- Attend all monthly Board meetings.
- Travel and In-House: Prepare/conduct traveling tryouts, coaches clinics, K/1 clinics, assist travel/in-house practices, kick-off night, attend games/tournaments, LNGBA tournament.
- High school program: Tip-off night, event nights
- Summer camps.
- Annual golf tournament committee member.